Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FLYING THROUGH UP UNTIL RIGHT NOW


I am now chillin’ in Miami…and still grinnin’ about the great review on SoulTracks… after 3 hectic months in NY

Kicked off the early part of the year giving back. At the top of February I spent some time mentoring young men at Harlem's Abyssinian Baptist Church for the first leg of the Tied To Greatness™ tour. This is a national outreach program focused on self-image improvement efforts, targeting at-risk, inner city high school males. At the end of the month I headed over to Brooklyn to discuss the art and business of songwriting with high school students attending the annual Career Day, hosted by the Black Alumni of Pratt Institute (BAP). BAP was founded in 1990 to identify and advance scholastic and professional opportunities for Pratt Institute students and alumni of African and Latino descent. Each year four pre-college summer scholarships are awarded. I believe in our young people and what they can do when we put in work.

Then I stepped back in the studio with The Heatmakerz, and I believe you’ll be pleased when the songs hit the streets. Also in session with Mic El, a young producer making noise, keep your eyes on him, and Sincere of the Product G&B, that unforgettable voice of “Maria Maria” fame.

Management had me tied to the seat signing contracts and submitting songs for recording and film & TV placement. Got great feedback and hanging in some high places….will keep you posted.

Later this month I’m heading overseas for a headlining performance aboard Royal Caribbean’s Brilliance of the Seas. I’ll holla at ya from Italy, France, Greece, Tunisia, Spain, Portugal and a few other hot spots.

What’s Up With The Album………Masterpiece is holding it’s own and making fans worldwide. I’m happy to say that album sales and song downloads are taking place close to home and as far away as IL, CA, VA, TX, MN, OH, CO, Japan, London, France, Italy and Germany…….and the fan base is building all over the map, from Las Vegas to South Carolina, Louisiana to New Hampshire and Toronto to Norway.

Check out Masterpiece at iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, eMusic and Ruckus.

Get your Ringtones at GroupieTunes

1 comment:

  1. Illeana has me excited about your career. I wish you the best and god bless.
    Joeann (Illeana's Sister)

    ReplyDelete