Thursday, June 19, 2008

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC

Music on the fly…Yep, it’s all about the music and I’ve been spending quality time hooking up Pro Tools and working on some new songs. I have the perfect song for Mario. So if his people are listening, holla. I've also got a few new tunes mapped out for the next project; and I’ve hooked up with a tech guy over here to help me put the mixes down. So you see it’s some work and some play.

Music & Hip Hop Culture Worldwide……As you know I was in Tunisia recently. While there I met this young brother Mimo, who’s grinding to make his paper like so many other artists around the world. And like the rest of us he has a Myspace page. In case you didn’t know, tagging ain’t just a New York vibe. Rome is loaded with graffiti and check out this shot from Villefrance.

It’s Black Music Month…and I’m shoutin’ people out! But before I go there, I got to let you know that I’m getting real use to these standing ovations overseas, so I’m lookin’ forward to ya’ll treatin’ me right when I get back home.

Favorite Female Vocalists: Chaka, Dianne Reeves, Sade
Favorite Male Vocalists: Ne-Yo, Musiq Soulchild, Gnarls Barkley, John Mayer
Favorite Vocal Groups: Temptations, The Clark Sisters, Israel & the New Breed, Kirk Franklin
Favorite MCs: Rakim, KRS One, Tupac, Nas, Talib Kweli, Common, Black Ice, Foxy Brown (old stuff), Jean Grae
Favorite Bands: The Family Stand, Tone, Tone, Tone, Evanescence, Brand New Heavies
Favorite Music Video: Thriller
Favorite Live Performances of All Time: The Beyoncé Experience - Live!, and Janet Jackson

There are some insiders who have been very instrumental to and supportive of my career, so I’m sending the big fat shout outs to: Eric Codee Art Ford, Gary Haase, The Heatmakerz, Molly Monjauze, Bert Price, Antonia Cheesman, Gwendolyn Quinn, Derrick Thompson, and K.P. Wilson

Where In The World Is J. Phoenix?…….Since we last spoke I hit Greece, Barcelona, and Rome. These photos speak for themselves.


Mykonos Greece, The Santa Maria Del Mar (Barcelona) and The Coliseum (Rome)

What’s Up With Masterpiece…….Well back in the states there’s some great licensing opportunities on the table for “Sweet Freedom, and “For The People;” and several songs from the album are being featured during the Thelma Hill Performing Arts Center’s summer season. So I’m good.

CD at CD Baby

Downloads at iTunes, Amazon, Ruckus, Digstation, eMusic, Rhapsody

Ringtones at GroupieTunes

Video at YouTube

Thanks for coming on the ride and let’s continue the conversation…….

No comments:

Post a Comment