Tuesday, August 5, 2008

J. PHOENIX MAKES IT TO VIBE: PRESS, PROMOTION & THE PEOPLE


Well Sort of……It’s not an article, but it’s a sho nuff start. Right there on page 40 of the August issue, “12 Essential Posthumous Tupac Songs,” at number 2 is Thugz Mansion featuring Nas and J. Phoenix.

It’s been an interesting two weeks since we last hooked up…….Since then I’ve picked up a legion of new online fans and some nice press regarding FOR THE PEOPLE and its national release to radio. Now for those of you who don’t know how the industry works, this doesn’t mean that you will be hearing me every hour on your local radio stations just yet. But what it does mean is that radio program directors and music directors have all now heard and heard about J. Phoenix. So if you feel like exerting your influence, feel free to call those request lines.

The Swelling Crowd…..It’s more than I could have imagined, especially since I have been doing all of my singing across the ocean. I guess this is a true example of “if you build it they will come.” I now have more than 200,000 online friends and fans and an online Street Team of 200 in 30 states and the United Kingdom. I am both overwhelmed and excited. But more importantly, I’m grateful. Here’s what a few of them have to say:

"I'm really feeling your music. I thank you so much for bringing something different than the young black music my daughter listens to. I love the old school feel of FOR THE PEOPLE with the harmonica in the back ground.”

“I think it's great, your diction is good, your vocals are smooth and the words speak to things we can all relate to. Some of today's music is so embarrassing! I can listen to your music without worry in mixed company.”

“I enjoyed listening to your music very soulful vocals and nice music...There are not many artist today that are really singing with soul like this any more, very refreshing to hear and thank you for sharing your gift.”

“You have the sound I love to hear.”

Where In The World Is J. Phoenix……Today I’m in Athens, tomorrow I'll be in the chill zone preparing to head to Spain, France and Italy for the next week.

Thanks for coming on the ride and let’s continue the conversation…….

Masterpiece album at CD Baby

Downloads at iTunes, Amazon, Ruckus, Digstation, eMusic, Rhapsody

Ringtones at GroupieTunes

Video at YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment