Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Reminisce, Right Now, ‘Round The Corner

It’s November 4th and I want to reminisce…..A year ago today I was far away, but my home town was representin’.


It’s been one week since my birthday and almost three months since my return to New York City, and Empire State of Mind pretty much sums up how I’m biting the apple.

“In New
York/Concrete jungle where dreams are made of/There’s nothing you can’t do” Lots of writing in solitude and lots of time in the studio……On my birthday, before a wonderful dinner with my wife Shevon (her treat), I was presented the opportunity to write with Roxanne Seeman who, like me has written for Earth, Wind & Fire, as well as penned songs for Barbra Streisand, The Jacksons, Bette Midler and many artists overseas. You never know whom you’re touching with your music. I just found out from a DJ that I have a huge following in the NY Russian community. According to her I’m a legend. I’ll take that.

“Now you’re in New York” Lots of brainstorming with management….The concept for album 2 is fully fleshed. Promotion and publicity are being built and photos must be taken along with the other stuff artists are not usually crazy about.

“These streets will make you feel brand new/Big light
s will inspire you……” Keeping the social network alive and building on web presence……Recently rewarded for holding it down in the Top 100 at Ourstage.com; and four songs in regular rotation on Jango.com. Also keeping the social life alive. Last Sunday, a semi-surprise party hosted by my wife gave me the opportunity to spend some quality time with close friends in the very NYC setting of the Dream Hotel.













2010 Is Almost Upon Us……..
It’s scary and there’s a lot on my plate. But this is New York and I can get it done. Be on the lookout for the first single to drop at the top of the second quarter…..that’s April.


Thanks for coming on the ride......Let's continue the conversation.
Follow me on Twitter

Empire State of Mind (S. Carter, A. Shuckburgh , A. Keys , A. Hunte , J. Sewell-Ulepic)

No comments:

Post a Comment